Saturday, April 23, 2011

Be Here Now

Last night, I went to the SS2 durian stalls for a loooong-awaited feast ;P

At the next table, there was a man, all by himself, enjoying a durian, with a look of pure rapture on his face. He seemed lost in his own private Heaven. Nothing else mattered but him and the piece of durian in his hand.

Two Lessons I take from this ...

1. Be Here Now : Be fully present, give my full attention to whatever it is that I am doing and truly appreciate the experience. When I do, I can't help but feel this tremendous sense of gratitude to God for creating such wonder. Then, I am happy :)

2. If I want to do something, just do it! I've been pestering Sonny and Sue to feed me durian. And I've been waiting for weeks! But here is this guy who came on his own. He didn't need anyone to accompany him, he is just happy to spend his time doing his own thing. And enjoying it so much! Wow!

For me, the durian thing was not that big a deal. But the question for myself is, where else in my life do I stop myself from enjoying what I love just because I don't want to do it alone? What would I do if there was nothing to stop me?

Hmmm... interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home