Thursday, November 09, 2006

Here's my Wabi Sabi

His full name is Wabi Sabi Bo Balian. Wabi Sabi is a Japanese philosophy that recognises the perfect harmony of nature's imperfections. We named him that because as you can see, when he is right side up, he looks like a decent black & white cat. Mostly black if you look at him from behind.

But when he is belly up (as he usually is), he presents a very different picture. He sleeps with total surrender. What bliss it must be! I love watching him sleep - makes me feel like there's nothing to worry about in this whole world. My stress just evaporates. Problem is, I just cannot leave him alone - I must, must bury my nose in his soft tummy. Cannot restrain myself.


Bo is for Bo Bice, and Balian is for Legolas in Kingdom of Heaven.
My usually sensible husband actually got him an email account and even made name cards for him. When I asked "Name cards? Why???" Sonny looked at me as though I was so du-uh and he said "so that when he meets other kittens he can give it to them la" Hmmm... I wonder how many cards he's actually given out.

Look la, how to feel tense when Wabi's like this ...

sigh... and when he is blissfully sleeping in my arms, I marvel at the wonder of God who has created two species that are so very different but can still find comfort in each other, and can be so connected. Amazing!

To see more of his photos, click on the title.

6 Comments:

Blogger Maxwell Chong said...

so wabi sabi means yin yang??
i think thats what he(i presume) is doing on the last photo...trying to be a yinyang sign.

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm... Come and join my housemate's cat club... LOL~! I'm with some cat that's... So cool (Arrogant?)...

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Register at catser.com lah. Then Wabi Sabi can meet other cyber felines. There's also dogtser.com for Bandit and Meatball. :)

2:45 PM  
Blogger 95% The Advertising Academy said...

Hey, who is this fibbles? You remember Meatball!!
He's gone now - apart from Bandit, I still have Walter the fat, and Ninja, the stary puppy that Bandit adopted.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fibbles is... one of your ex Art Directors lor. Hehe. Got your blog url from Spiderbear. Glad to see you last Saturday. You look good!

Take care!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bf asks if u've attended Wabi Sabi's tea ceremony.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home