Monday, March 13, 2006

It's not how much you do, it's how much you care

We just finished conducting the second SHINE training for the 4As. Once again, the results are breathtaking! The 33 participants are just so amazing, so inspiring. Each and everyone of them has left an imprint on my life, for which I will always be grateful.

There are many learnings that I gained. And this one stands out as the one I MUST write about first.

This is about Illyaz, one of the facilitators and my dear, dear friend. He reminded me that all you need to do is love, and everything will fall into place. This man just gave himself to his group. Totally! He let them know how much he cared for each one, and he opened up to allow them to care for him too. By being open and vulnerable, he created a space filled with love and care, a space that was simply inspiring.

Illyaz, you have given us all the greatest gift ever : the gift of your heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was reminded of the saying "People don't care how much you know, they only care about how much you care."

If you're reading this, try it out today. See what happens when your friends, colleagues, and even clients get that you truly, truly care about them.

Wishing everyone a beautiful, love-filled Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home