Saturday, February 11, 2006

Our new "Ad Agency"

A group of our graduates from 95% have actually formed an "ad agency" called CC+J. It is in inverted commas only because they haven't registered it yet. They are marketing the next intake of the Ad Pro in Progress training that they have graduated from. And they are not doing too badly at all.

Don't judge them by their boring name : They are thinking, they are sharp, and they have definite opinions which they explain with surprising clarity. And they are on time! I'm very impressed!

The most amazing thing however, is that they are mostly either still studying or fresh grads - they have taken up this challenge because they wanted to experience what it's like marketing something real, and being able to see tangible results of their strategies and their ad ideas.

Chee Chiaw, Joescher, Sue, Herry & Wilson - I'm sure I speak for all of us here at 95% when I say I salute you for your confidence and commitment. You've got the guts to put your balls on the line (and ours too). I'm proud of you guys.

3 Comments:

Blogger cheechiaw said...

thanks Janet. what a good testimonial you are giving us. We will put that in our agency's corporate profile... hehe... ^_^

2:22 AM  
Blogger Joescher said...

Wow! What a compliment. And what a great boost to my confidence++. Thanx Janet! =))

I really learn alot throughout this "challenge" we took up. Interms of ideas, how to face problems, how to do "WIP" hehe,I bet same goes to other members.

And I guess I'm the lucky one to learn extra about A.E's job. This is an advantage for me as I'm looking for job very soon in the future. Although I just learn a small part of A.E job which is just to write WIP, but I think its a great start for me.

One biggest acknowledgement i would like to acknowledge myself, hehe. I didnt know i could comes out so many ideas(at least many to me, hehe). for the first brief I came out 60 ideas in 2 days, the second brief was about 30 ideas in a day. A HUGE breakthrough for myself. If I didnt take this challenge. I guess im still the student that came out few ideas for a brief and just stick to it. (wanted to get more, but can't.)

Im glad to be in the team, as the whole team are giving each other support interms of encouragement, acknowledgement, F each other to move on.hehe.

Anyway, i'm still raw and learning. I'm actually the "Student's student!".

Janet you yourself stated here that you're a copywriting student. Me as your students dare not boast. Wanted to say I'm matured now. hehehe.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well we started by saying this is a huge challenge for us and we devoted our time and energy to it. I;ve learnt so much from this challenge. At least i've learnt to trust my instincts again. We couldn't have done it without you either, janet. You're the reason why we do what we do.

The team is just amazing. Although we wanted to just slap each other at times, but we managed to pull through.

Once again, this is by far the greatest challenge for me this year.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home