Tuesday, September 02, 2008

What you resist persists

Haha, the saying is so true. The things that I hate, hate, hate will come and really hit me in the face.
I hate people who drive recklessly fast, blaring their horns to make people give way. And I hate going to the dentist. I hate the dentist's drill and the injection. Hate, hate, hate!

Today, mom had to go to the dentist. As she is now unable to move around due to a fracture in her spine, we called the Red Crescent ambulance to take us to Ampang Hospital's oral surgery.

I sat in the front seat, next to the driver. As we were late, the driver blasted the sirens and I had full view of rush hour traffic doing the Red Sea thing right in front of my eyes. Adrenalin rush! As he wound his way in and out of traffic, my fists were clenched, my stomach was somersaulting, my mind was screaming!

Then at the dental surgery, I held mom's hand and had full view of the injection, the drilling, the filling and the scaling. Blood and all. Yeearrrghhh...

Well, I think I've overcome my fear of dentists now. I've seen the worst and survived without too much trauma :)

Just now, I asked mom if it was a very bad experience. She said, "No, it was funny."

Huh??!!! Haiyo, mom is such a treasure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baldwin said...

Hi janet,

Got to know of your blog from my friend Timmy.

U sure do have some interesting writings in here. =)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hahahah....janet, your mom is funny as ever. What you and i see as irritating and annoying, she sees it as adventurous and full of life.

That's what makes your mom so cool and yes, a treasure.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read ur blog and found out ur mom passed away..
Deep condolences, Janet..

Reading through her life really leave me a big sense of loss although i never known never meet her before.. i believe her life will never end in a lot of peoples' heart as well as in mine..

Stand strong & take good care of yourself ya..

luv u

Silvia

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home