Friday, February 08, 2008

My Cat-alogue

I've been spending my Chinese New Year blissfully surrounded by animals, mostly cats of course, except for my three psychotic pups.

About a week ago, I brought home a lovely silvery kitten from the restaurant below 95%.



He's not allowed to eat too much for now cos he has some problem with his digestive tract (this is the censored description of his condition!). So he's always hungry, but so very, very delightfully manja. He's a real sweet purry furball. Look at his tail - we think he's part squirrel.

I now divide my time carefully : cuddle Wabi Sabi in the morning before he gets grouchy, cuddle Silver during the day, sleep with Sky. What bliss! As I write this now, Sunshine is snoozing beside me on the bed.


Here's an old photo of Sky sleeping on the arm of mom's chair. She looks scrawny here (except for the belly) but she's grown way too fat to fit there now. She's a real fat cat, with fat little paws. Even her tail seems fat! She's got very smooth silky fur though.



This is a typical Wabi Sabi pose : belly up!




And here he's looking like a decent cat.






Not shown here (according to seniority) : Milk, Sunshine, Cloud, Storm and Mist.


I've also been cat-sitting Shahnaz's Salem and Gebu, my 'god-cats' who are actually more keen to see their dinner than me. Tomorrow, I will be dog-sitting Peter's beautiful Eleanor, the sweetest, most well mannered Golden Retriever.

I'm so happy to be with so many animals. It was my childhood dream to one day live in a kinda zoo. Guess that dream has kinda come true. Just need a few lions and tigers, that's all...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun, pet-sitting all those critters ! They can be a great stress reliever most of the times.

My husband and I have been feeding these two cats once in a while, one called Joy and one called Hua Mi Mao (after a cat in a Jackie Chan's old old movie). We don't let them live in our apartment, but often when we come home late in the nights they will always be there waiting for canned food (which we keep restocking for them). We've been wondering if they've been taking the elevator to our floor.

1:27 PM  
Blogger jingwei said...

needs more sibbling rivalry. :D

3:29 AM  
Blogger Rachs said...

sUper Nice!! I wish I can be surrounded by so many animals too..my cocker spaniel died not long ago..poisoned by my neighbour..sobs...wanting adopt another but cant find one that I like..a fren is releasing his cat for adoption tot it's really cute but mum dun allow...sigh..Janet u interested!!?? =) then maybe I can be the god ma for tt cat!! haha

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home