Monday, April 17, 2006

The Adrenalin Addiction

Been talking to people about the last post and also doing my own soul searching (what to do? the honest grouch is championing 'balanced' life).

I admit I am addicted to the whole adrenalin rush : the pressure, the stress, the challenge of beating the deadline, of solving the puzzle, of pushing myself to do more than humanly possible : it's become a habit, a way of life. And I love it cos it makes me feel alive. Makes me feel triumphant - that I've beaten the odds and Oh My God YES! I've done it!

I love it when at the end of the day, I fall soundly asleep in minutes - it means I've played hard, worked hard all day, given myself fully to the day, squeezed out every drop! That's when I feel satisfied. Can rest, no worries.

Yes, it's been tough on my family. If there was one thing I would have done differently, it would be that I would have taken the time and trouble to involve Mom a lot more in my work - I would share with her all my ups and downs (like how I share with my husband now) so that she will feel involved in my life rather than alienated. Yes, I was a cold-hearted bitch when I was younger.

I agree with Rae that when I am pursuing my passion whole heartedly, my loved ones will support that and be proud.

Like my husband does (dear - i give you goosebumps ah? hahahahaha..)

Hey, to those of you who took time to post your comments - many, many thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home