Friday, June 19, 2009

Thank you, Yenny dearest.

Yenny Heriana from Medan, one of our graduates, posted this lovely note in Facebook. I'm very touched that she was touched. And Jeanette Hadi too.

"Funny how a passing of someone I don’t really know in person at all, could leave me such a heartache and a chemistry at the same time. Love spreads like virus.

It must be the same love she reached out to so many people that reach into me as well, translated and transferred through words alone, written passionately by her daughter in a blog. A simple but meaningful gesture to let a demising mother be acknowledged how much she’s loved and how many good things she has done.

And when it’s about time, so I read, everyone was there in the same room. Holding her hands, showering her with gentle kisses and lovely touches, playing music and telling jokes, forgiving and saying goodbye.

Then she knew it’s OK to leave.

Then she left.

Gracefully. Peacefully. Fulfilled.

. . .

“Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” (Author Unknown)

. . .

I wish I could put it in more convincing words how specifically I felt about this (or how I wish I could write how much I love my mom and made you adore the figure of my mom too, somehow like what Janet Lee makes me feel). There are feelings in me I’m not sure what they are, but are fighting to burst out of me. This is not one of those stories you read in the Chicken Soups for the Soul, darling. It is the magic of love, touching me with its-not-the-most-frontal-and-logical-way, but delivered."

. . .

Jeanette Hadi, also from Medan but working in Singapore commented "very beautiful yen :) i did feel the same way too but i don't know how to put them into words..."
Thank you Jeanette. Miss you and love you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs Janet* love you and miss you too. :)

Jeanette

9:28 AM  
Anonymous yenny said...

Oh Janet, thanks for posting this... * hugs

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home