Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Sweet, Sweet Surprise

A really nice thing happened today : I had a sudden sugar-craving so I went down to the coffee shop to buy some chocolate. I looked around but could not find any.

Dear En Faisal, the owner noticed my plight and asked what I was looking for. When I told him I wanted a bar of chocolate, he sadly shook his head and said "oh we don't sell that". Then he added "but if your need is urgent, I will let you have some of mine".

My eyes popped open; I could barely believe my ears.

He opened his fridge, reached into his secret hiding place, and pulled out a huge bar of Lindt chocolate! Lindt! Wow!

He broke off a huge portion and gave it to me! Wow! I was so touched, I almost floated out of his shop. And I'm still smiling as I write this : he has just reminded me of how pure and beautiful the human heart can be. This unexpected gift has lifted me. If you're reading this, I wish you too will receive an unexpected gift today!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

8 Comments:

Blogger mbp said...

I also receive a gift from someone. He's name is Chip Kidd. He is a writer and graphic Designer I met in the conference AGIDeas (you can check the info out on my blog)...He was hilarious. His an American. He gave me his autograph and snap a photo with me... I am so HAPPY!!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger nutty said...

Awww that is so sweet. En Faisal rocks.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi Nadia!!! Hey, your handsome misai guy is now selling nasi lemak near the tailor cos Pak Andak dah pindah ke Sungai Buluh :( so saaad...

3:01 PM  
Blogger Maxwell Chong said...

how do you consider a tip??? i was serving this dude here just now and he just gave me a 5dollar note. it was so awkwardly taking free money like that, but yet i am so happily inside!!

12:12 AM  
Blogger jingwei said...

XD XD XD XD XD

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now why everyone has something good and I don't? Damn... I should go outside walk around to see if any luck waiting for me....

11:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, yes, go walk around outside - look for magic and miracles and you will see them!

Give people an opportunity to be generous, a space to share, and you will be surprised.

1:43 PM  
Blogger David Byck said...

That is so cool Janet. And it was COLD as well. Yeah. It’s me. Yes, I’m back from that bad, bad country. Well, maybe it’s just the president that’s bad. Anyway, I’m glad your faith in human nature is once again renewed. Good for you. And it was COLD!

Peace,

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home