Monday, September 11, 2006

Celebrate My Birthday With Me...

Hey, this old auntie will be turning 42 this weekend! Aaaargh ... yes, 42!

Actually, once upon a time, I thought I would be over the hill by the time I hit my 40's. You know, sitting in a rocking chair, knitting, with a cat on my lap ...

But the strange thing is, no matter how old (or young) I am, I think that 'now' is the prime of my life. When I was in my 20's, I thought that was my prime. Same with my 30's. And now, whoohoooo! I'm having more fun, feeling more alive than ever before.

Cool, huh?

Ok, for this year - I'd like to celebrate by gathering as many people as possible to join the Terry Fox run on Sunday 17th Sept. Proceeds go to cancer research. It is an incredible movement started by a young man who was diagnosed with bone cancer way back in 1977. He set up the run 'The Marathon of Hope' in 1980 - and started running even though his right leg was amputated and he was running on an artificial limb. He ran for 143 days until the cancer spread to his lungs. Today, more than twenty years after Terry's demise, his marathon is stil being run around the world!

Click on the title to visit the site.

If you would like to celebrate with me - pls post your confirmation here - and I'll see you at 8am at Lake Gardens this Sunday!

(Eh guru besar and rest of the 95% gang, no need to susah-susah buat surprise party k. Just get off your fat lazy ass and run with auntie (ok, you run, I walk hehehe))

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday yo... Hmm... Let me see if I have the time, I'll sure be going...

9:14 PM  
Blogger Maxwell Chong said...

that dude reminds me of forrest gump.
Happy b'day to you too.
And hopefully i can join you guys also.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Janet. It’s so nice to hear someone excited about their birthday and not thinking about how many years are left here on earth. Good for you. Stay strong sister.

Oh, yeah, I can’t make the run. I think it’s against my religion … or something like that. But I’ll be thinking of you.

Peace,

9:03 AM  
Blogger Minang Bercakap American said...

Selamat Ulang Tahun how they say it in Indo. Anyways, relating to the run, our agency is actually handling CARIF as our client and Jovian and I are part of the team working on it.

Anyways, will do my best to join the run.

12:16 PM  
Blogger 95% The Advertising Academy said...

David, the famous author - no need to hide behind 'anonymous' la. Haha, Peace to you too.

Andrew, Max and Rae - seeya there!
I've half persuaded my mom to go - so I may need some help with her wheelchair! (actually, that'll give me an excuse to stroll instead of run!)

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,.. yenny here. Long time I wanted to have my own blogspot,.. but until today havent had one. Haha... happy bird-day, mommy Janet. Wish I could be there to celebrate your b'day, or at least sitting in your lap(wabi will hate me huh). Haha.. do visit my blog some time,...
http://yenny-heriana-lim.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/

take care.

10:10 PM  
Blogger 95% The Advertising Academy said...

Yenny dear,
You're tooooo big for my lap! Haha, nice to see you on my blog.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Minang Bercakap American said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:22 AM  
Blogger 95% The Advertising Academy said...

Hey, come on guys ... you CAN wake up that early on a Sunday morning. Believe me you will feel uplifted and fulfilled to be part of this huge effort to not only honour Terry Fox, but also contribute to cancer research.

Don't worry if you think you can't run a marathon - I will be walking. Slowly... hehehe, even that I don't know if my out-of-condition body can take it!

But if Terry Fox can do it on an artificial leg, what excuse do I have??? That's why I'm so excited that this event is happening on my birthday weekend.

This would be the best way to celebrate my birthday. Much, much better than the usual lunch or makan session.

Come la, make time for it - it'll be worth it.

If you resist posting yr comment here (or dunno how to), just send me and sms to confim.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet, stumbled upon your blog and joining in to wish you happy birthday.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I can make it dear. I think it'd be fun to go for such a cause all together! But I'll be at PD. Goin for a church Young Adult's camp this weekend.Leaving tomoro night.
Hope there'll be many from 95% joining. Blessed Be-Early birthday! Hehe..usually heard of Belated not Be-early right?!..hehe Neway Hoe u have fun! *Big Huggies!!

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a biiiiiiggg HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

psst.. 42 is the time you start lying about your age. don't worry.. i know you're actually 35.

and what a cool way to celebrate your birthday. too bad i'll miss out.. i'm sure if i were there, i'd be the first one to jump out of bed ready to run a million miles for terry fox. uhmm.. maybe not, but i'll be thinking of you. :)

hope you have a wunnerful birthday. you deserve it.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!

wish that all the future participant will continue to mix up you and Guru Besar's age!!!

ow and, healthy always~~!

11:02 AM  
Blogger yue said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY auntie janet!!!=D

i'm glad that you were brought into this world for u have certainly inspired my life and i'm sure many others. keep up the spirit and dont ever let that fire in you go out k?

love you lots..warm tight big hugsss!*

6:17 PM  
Blogger wiehanne said...

Happy belated bday~! Muack..

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home