Thursday, September 07, 2006

Is My Dream Really My Dream?

How do I know if the dream I am working towards is really THE dream of my life? When things are bright and smooth sailing, it's easy to take it for granted. But whenever it gets stormy ...

When things get rough, and everything seems impossible - That's when I ask myself the difficult questions. Questions like : Am I being committed to manifesting my vision, or just too plain stubborn and too stupid to wake up and come to my senses? Am I a fool to carry on, or a hero for not giving up?

Do I want it bad enough that I am willing to start over and rebuild, over and over, even if I have to go it alone?

Is this latest obstacle the hurdle that will break me?

How much more can I take?

I believe that these challenges will come and keep coming. If not, there wouldn't be any growth. I remember an old friend Mike Veerapen telling me a long time ago that it doesn't matter what I choose to do - as long as I go the distance with it. See it all the way through to the very end (whatever 'the end' is). It is only a vehicle for me to experience my ability to grow with it. He compared it to raising a child : the challenges of bringing up a baby, toddler, and teen are all very different. And it is the same with running a business.

I understand now what he means.

And I am grateful for all the various challenges that have come my way.

I am clearer about my dream now. I understand now, why I don't want to do trainings at home, under a tree (this suggestion has been hurled at me many times - why so stupid to maintain a large training centre?!).

My dream is to build a business on a foundation of my own values : Peace, Love, Joy, Honour and Integrity. I stand for the Spirituality in every being - I believe that people are good through and through - how do I know? Because we are all one.

I want to prove that it works! My way appears to be quite different from the norm - compared to the stereotypical boss, many of the things I do would appear too softy-soft and not money-minded enough. Will it bring in profits? I honestly don't know. I think so, and I want to do everything I can to find out.

THIS is what I am willing to commit myself to. And I'm going to keep on, no matter how difficult or lonely it feels. Maybe (hopefully) being stubborn is not such a bad thing after all.

Here are some quotes that give me strength.
Hope they inspire you too ...


THOMAS ALVA EDISON:
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.



WINSTON CHURCHILL:
If you're going through hell, keep going.

BENJAMIN DISRAELI:
The secret of success is constancy to purpose.

DALE CARNEGIE:
Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

9 Comments:

Blogger yue said...

very inspiring indeed=)

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then it does appear that we wouldn't have it any other way. I am most inspired.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so true :) thanks, it was what i needed to hear.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. "
- Marianne Williamson, used by Nelson Mandela in his famous inaugral speech...

I hope this puts a smile to your day and the thought that there are people around you that believe what you truly are capable of creating buddy...the above that i share is one my favourites,so well written that it keeps me going and growing - we can't play it small anymore...=)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Minang Bercakap American said...

i have nothing to say except dreams are what made us for who we are today.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!Ur fren is right..it's like a child growing..and these are just trials that comes along as ur business grows. Just like raising children, we need to adapt diff ways to deal w them as they grow..and in every step of the changing and growing process of this child, the parents will have difficulty adapting new ways to teach and guide and especially deciplining them..and these are all trials and challenges that the parents themselves have to face in order to continue to nurture the child to grow in a healthy way and environment.
So the same for u, prolly these are just signs that ur business is growing into a teenager..=)..another level, new challenges and great things to expect!

Just wanna leave u with this, "Trials are not enemies of faith but are opportunities to prove God's faithfulness". Cont beleiving and have faith in your dreams, and I'm sure God will see ur heart and bless u w what ur heart's desires are.*hugs!

1:03 AM  
Blogger 95% The Advertising Academy said...

It's all beautiful! Thanks!
Pink Chilli - who you? Don't be so mysterious la...

11:30 PM  
Blogger Maxwell Chong said...

haha, pink chilli!!!... my guess is racheal lar...
should be her, who else could have gone by that name!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreamers inspire people.
If you had chosen money, you wouldn't be doing what you are doing.
I suspect it is from the satisfaction that comes when you know you've made a difference in someone's life.
(That's what that keeps me going.)
Hang on there.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home