Saturday, February 04, 2006

Khalil Gibran

Have you read Khalil Gibran's "The Prophet" ?

On the topic of work, Khalil Gibran says "work is love made visible" - I've always loved my work but never thought of it in that light. Not until I left advertising and started painting (yah, I'm a writer but surprisingly, I can also paint!), producing greeting cards and trainings.

Everyday I would go to my 'inspiration room' and either paint or design trainings. And I could literally see the love that I feel pouring out of me and taking the shape of something tangible.

Now that I am running 95% Trainings, it is still very much the same experience. I love what I do. Love is my driving force, my inspiration and my reward. And my blessed colleagues - I see so much love in all the many things that they do too, especially in their stand for people and for me.

As Gibran says "... and all work is empty save when there is love; And when you work with love, you bind yourself to yourself, and to one another, and to God.”

(happy sigh ... )

1 Comments:

Blogger Vernon said...

I love his quote:

"work is love made visible"

I use it on my scratchdisk.biz website.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home